We're Proud of Our Beginnings
Rich in heritage, strong in relationships, and always preparing for the future with new and daring concepts.
You’ve shared your milestones with us for decades, now it’s time for us to share ours with you.
Ontario and Quebec drivers were the first to make long distance moves between major cities.
Conrad M. Gentry and Don F. Kenworthy founded Mayflower Transit Co. in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Two Toronto movers, Chuck Fraser and Weldon Clark, Members of United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd., are the first to ‘go west’.
Committee for Preservation of Carrier Rights was formed by U.S operators who wanted to remain independent of van line controls.
- United Van Lines Inc. was created in the U.S. as a small new style van line.
- First Canadian Member and stockholder in United Van Lines Inc. was W. Sparks and Son Limited from Ottawa and operated as an international shipper.
- United Van Lines Inc. had 15 Canadian agents.
- The first Canadian dispatch office is opened in Toronto as a part of the American operation.
Missouri United Van Lines was formed in Canada with three Canadians on the seven Member Board of Directors.
- The Canadian company is granted the rights to change the name to United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd.
- The Calgary dispatch office opened to service western weight.
- The company’s first Canadian convention was held in Niagara Falls.
The Canadian company adopted the ‘eye’ trademark from the U.S and Canadianized it with a maple leaf.
The Canadian operation grew to 21 full-time employees, what eventually would become MoverOne Group.
W. Charles Martin becomes the new Executive Vice-President and General Manager of United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd.
United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. marks its first million dollar month in volume.
Dispatch and revenue systems at the head office are computerized.
Univan Leasing Ltd. began to lease and sell custom built solutions and Kentucky trailers.
The Domestic Container Operation is introduced.
United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. reveals a new corporate logo.
United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. started a logistics division for special products known today as MoverOne Logistics.
United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. is a founding member of the Canadian Employee Relocation Council (CERC).
United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. is one of the first seven partners to first join AIR MILES®.
Anne Martin becomes President of United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd., the only female van line leader in Canada.
- United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. becomes 100% Canadian owned, operated and controlled.
- United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. joins the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM).
United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. is listed with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- The international moving and relocation division, UTS Canada, opened, today MoverOne International.
- United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. celebrated its 50th year of operation.
- Mayflower Canada opened in Canada.
- MoverOne Group is introduced as the corporate brand company.
- United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. is named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
- United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. is recognized as an Accredited Business with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ rating.
President Anne Martin is recognized as Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100 by WXN Canada.
United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. qualifies as a Gold Best Managed Company.
- Unigroup Worldwide rebranded to MoverOne International.
- United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. is designated Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Distinction.
- United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. is the first mover in Canada to earn more than 50% of the Federal Government business through a strong value index score and commitment to service.
- United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. received the Canadian Business Excellence Award for Private Business.
- Anne Martin, President of MoverOne Group, retires after a distinguished 35 year career with the company. She served 18 years as President.
United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. celebrates its 65th year of service to Canadians.
United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. celebrates 70 years of business.